1. Use a jar that you keep in plain sight to deposit your change at the end of the day. When it is full, take it to your bank and deposit it into a savings account. Having it visible each day will remind you to drop in your change.
2. Get rid of excess clutter and make some cash by selling things you don't use on eBay or at a garage sale. Not only will you make money, but you will clean up your living spaces as well. Put this money into your savings account as well.
3. Take some time to examine your bills and find ways to reduce them. Shop around for cheaper insurance, telephone and cell phone service, and credit card rates.
4. Consider carpooling to reduce your monthly gas costs.
5. Make a plan for large purchases. Instead of borrowing using loans or credit cards, set aside enough money each month for specific items--a new car, a refrigerator, a vacation--so that you will have the necessary funds to purchase them with cash.
6. If you know that you will have a large annual or semi-annual expense, like car insurance, property taxes, or holiday spending, start saving for it all year. Simply divide the expense by twelve and save that much each month. By the time the due date rolls around each year, you'll be ready.
7. Trading work with others is a great way to save money. You can barter everything from computer work to childcare to raking leaves. Anything that you can do around your house or work is something that another person might need. Talk with your friends and neighbors to see if they would be interested in trading some of their skills for yours.
It’s not unfair for us to say that life will never be better than when you’re living at Elan Apartment Homes in Austin, Texas! To further improve your day-to-day routine, we bring you these lifestyle-enhancing tips that will help you revamp your lifestyle in a variety of ways.